Jun 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your continuous support and contributions.
As The Thousand Kyoto/ Kyoto Century Hotel prioritizes the safety and health of our valued
guests and employees, we are implementing these measures following our ‘Safety and
Security Policy’ shown below to allow our guests to use the facilities without any fear of the
spread of Covid-19. We all appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
1. Positioning disinfectants
We are making the utmost effort to improve the sanitary environment for your
comfortable stay by providing disinfectant products in various spots at the hotel.
2. Enforcement of regular disinfection system
We are thoroughly disinfecting highly-touched items in common areas, such as public
areas, guest rooms, restaurants, banquet halls, bathroom doors, etc.
This includes elevator buttons, doorknobs, switches, chairs, tables, remote controls,
electric pots, telephones, dryers, microphones, etc.
3. Enforcement of prevention against droplet transmission of the virus
We are equipping the front desk, cash register counters and some tables with acrylic plates
or vinyl sheets. By wearing face masks, our service staff are paying full attention to the
health, safety and public sanitation of our guests. Moreover, we are thoroughly
ventilating guestrooms when cleaning as well as restaurants and banquet halls.
4. Securing physical distancing
The maximum capacity of the elevator, restaurant, and banquet hall will be controlled to
secure physical distancing.
5. Changes in business hours
Some of the restaurants, banquet halls, on-site facilities are temporarily shut or business
hours are reduced. Please check our website for more details.
Alcoholic drinks are not served later than 21:00.
6. Arrangement of facilities
Air exchange is thoroughly carried out in the process of frequent room cleaning.
We regularly disinfect tables, chairs, menus, etc. between guests. At banquet halls, before
welcoming the guests, we ensure the thorough disinfection of tables, chairs, microphones,
etc. In order to air the room completely, ceremonies will proceed with the doors open.
1. For your comfortable stay and safety, please cooperate with us in a temperature check
and disinfection. Guests with a temperature of 37.5 degrees or more will be requested
to refrain from using the facility in principle.
2. Assessment of the health condition of overnight guests
Upon your check-in, please fill out a consent form regarding your health condition
and let us confirm your travel history, stopovers, etc.
3. We will ask to take your temperature before allowing you to use restaurants and
banquet halls. We might politely refuse your access to the facilities if you have a
temperature of 37.5 degrees or more.
4. We will ask guests to use restaurants or banquet halls wearing face masks. Those
without face masks will not be allowed to enter the facilities.
5. For guests who have a fever, seem to be in bad shape, or those who have been in
contact with any infected individuals, please reschedule your plans in advance.
6. In the event that you are not feeling good, please contact our staff.
7. Please wear masks in public areas and keep them on as much as possible except while
8. To avoid handling cash for hygiene purposes, we are introducing a cashless
transaction system instead.
1. Wearing masks while on duty
We provide all the staff members with masks and make it mandatory to wear them all the
time while on duty.
2. Physical condition check at the door
We thoroughly monitor employees’ temperature and hand hygiene at the employee
entrance. Those who have a fever of 37.0 degrees or more or who do not feel well are not
allowed to enter. Instead, they are directed to stay at home and rest.
3. Wearing masks while serving
Taking into consideration guest safety, health and public hygiene, service staff are obliged
to wear masks.
4. Individual hygiene management while on duty
We encourage employees’ frequent hand washing, hand disinfection, and gargling.
5. Positioning of disinfectants in background areas.
Disinfectant products are positioned at office exits and staff bathrooms to ensure that
employees practice good hand hygiene.
6. Self-managing protocol for sick employees
Employees need to follow behavior standards when sick. We are implementing systems to
monitor their health conditions.
7. Exercise self-restraint in unnecessary meetings and outings.
We ban unnecessary business travel and overseas travel. In addition, we train employees
to refrain from attending public events or meetings with a large number of people as well
as work-related dining or outings.
The Thousand Kyoto / Kyoto Century Hotel is taking all possible measures to welcome our
valued guests in the best and safest condition, therefor, should any of the measures change,
your understanding and cooperation would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your support.